Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bits and Pieces



I feel like it has been forever. I haven't been so good at keeping this blog up to date and as a result I feel like I have been missing out on your lives. I am happy to say that I am finally pretty much caught up on my blog reading (until tomorrow, of course) and it has made me realize that I have missed blogging so much. It is a nice little escape from the monotony that the day to day routines can become. Lately, by the end of the day I am so exhausted that all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a glass of cider or wine and catch up on my shows (and boy, there are a lot of them!). Honestly, I have so much I want to blog about that it overwhelms me. I need to finish my Vegas posts and recap our summer, not to mention Kendra's third birthday, and that was all months ago! Time sure is flying.

So, bare with me as I transition back into blogging and try to get caught up.

Here is just some random pieces about some of our day to day happenings around here, as of late.

Hubby has been working crazy insane hours and I feel like a single parent to three, yes, I said three kids lately! No, I didn't have another, but I have started watching a 2 year old boy four afternoons a week. Call me crazy, but having a 2, 3 and 4 year old running around hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Yes, some days are hard, but for the most part it is working out really well! Kids are loving having a playmate and it's nice to make some much needed extra money and still be at home where I want to be with my kiddos.


Jax is in his second month of his second year of preschool and he is loving it! I can't believe that this time next year he will be in full day kindergarten five days a week! My momma heart can't handle that.

Bless his little heart, he said he wants to be a stay at home dad when he grows up! He said he wants to cook and clean. I told him he has plenty of opportunities to practice that now. :)

Kendra is her normal sassy independent self. I will say, though, that she gives me a run for my money. Plus, she is going through this wonderful non sleeping phase. She wakes up at least three times a night crying and wanting in to bed with me! She was always such an amazing sleeper and I don't know what happened. I can tell you that I am ready for this phase to be over. I feel like I haven't had a good night of sleep in months! Speaking of which, I think that is one of the reasons I got a migraine Wednesday and was down for the count. :( Lack of sleep and too much stress is  not a good combo.

On a plus side, I have lost ten pounds in the last thirty days! I know, I can hardly believe it! I decided it was time to get more serious and I have been very conscious about what and how much I am eating. I  am making every effort to work out at least five days a week too. I feel great and am very excited about all the progress so far. Can't wait to see more changes in the next few months. If you are on myfitness pal, find me! My username is Ashdiane1224.


And....speaking of changes. I do have some changes coming this way when it comes to the blog. I need a new design (desperately) and I am pondering the idea of a name change.

Kids and I at one of the MANY pumpkin patches we have already visited. 




1 comment: